Home office gutted in blaze
A house fire in Balclutha yesterday afternoon caused significant damage to the Yarmouth St property.
Fire Service spokesman Brent Dunn said the fire at the rear of the property was well ablaze when three appliances arrived from the Balclutha station.
Chief fire officer Graeme Ferguson said the fire started in a back office, which was now gutted.
"The fire was burning through the walls of the house when we arrived."
He said about 15 per cent of the house was destroyed; the rest was smoke-damaged.
It appeared the fire was caused by an electrical fault, he said.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Your club information portal, post or view your sports fixtures, results and general information.
Check out what's on in your community or post an upcoming event.
Subscribe to a digital replica of The Southland Times.
Southland Times subscriber news and information.
Click here for information about advertising with The Southland Times.
Buy copies of photos featured in The Southland Times.