Man electrocuted in Southland
A man has died after he was electrocuted while working on a power line in Southland.
Police say linesman Stuart Andrew Kenning, 48, of Mossburn, died at 9.30 this morning.
Kenning and another linesman had been sent to repair a power line fault on a farm property on Waterloo Road 14 kilometres south west of Mossburn.
St John's Ambulance and Police attended the scene with Heath and Safety Inspectors from The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
The death has been reported to the Coroner.
Should April Miller be allowed to play in the presidents grade rugby competition?Related story: Southland woman banned from men's rugby side
Subscribe to a digital replica of The Southland Times.
Southland Times subscriber news and information.
Click here for information about advertising with The Southland Times.