Southern firefighters want people to take care while using fireworks after they were called to bonfire and firework-related incidents at the weekend.
Fire communications acting shift manager Daryl Ball urged the public not to use fireworks in a dangerous way.
Most of the incidents appeared to have happened when fireworks were placed on the ground but had fallen over, he said.
Most bonfires firefighters attended were under control when they arrived but care was still needed, Mr Ball said.
However, there were no injuries or out-of-control fires. "Everyone was pretty good, let's hope it stays that way."
The official Guy Fawkes night is tomorrow.
- © Fairfax NZ News
Check out what's on in your community or post an upcoming event.
Subscribe to a digital replica of The Southland Times.
Southland Times subscriber news and information.
Click here for information about advertising with The Southland Times.