Win with us!
Here at The Southland Times we like to give away as much as we can and as often as we can.
Also look out for our spontaneous reader competitions on page 3 of the daily newspaper and keep an eye out for coupons to send in to win big prizes because the coupons often run once only and we don't want you to miss out.
We sometimes run competitions on our Facebook page and generally all you have to do to enter those is click "like'' or leave a comment on the competition post.
You can also follow us on Twitter to keep up-to-date on what we are giving away as it happens.
Standard Terms and Conditions for The Southland Times Promotions
1. By entering the competition or promotion each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
2. Failure to supply all requested personal information at the time of submitting an entry might result in the entry being invalid.
3. No responsibility will be taken for late/lost/misdirected mail, incomplete entries or entries with incorrect postage. Entries will be deemed to be void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
4. By entering the competition winners agree to their names being published and to be photographed and/or interviewed by The Southland Times or the promoter and that the promoter may use their names and such photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
5. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
6. All prizes are subject to standard terms and conditions of the company supplying the prizes.
7. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon request.
8. Only entries received by the closing date specified in the advertisement will be accepted.
9. Winners will be drawn on The Southland Times Premises, 67 Esk Street, Invercargill, New Zealand.
10. Winners will be notified as specified in the advertisement.
11. If the prize winner cannot be contacted within 3 days, at The Southland Times' option that winner will forfeit the prize with no right of compensation and the prize will be redrawn.
12. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, Fairfax New Zealand Limited and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prizes.
13. Entry is open to New Zealand residents only. Employees and immediate family members of The Southland Times (a division of Fairfax New Zealand Limited) are not eligible to enter these promotions.
14. The decision of the judges in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. All entries become the property of The Southland Times and may be used for promotional and marketing purposes, or passed onto a third party involved in the promotion for their marketing purposes.
16. Under the Privacy Act 1993, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information by contacting The Southland Times in writing to The Southland Times, Marketing Department, PO Box 805, Invercargill 9840.
17. By agreeing to receive a complimentary subscription to The Southland Times, rcipients of any complimentary subscription are deemed to have given The Southland Times consent to contact them for marketing purposes.
The Mirror World Travellers Family Photo Competition
Terms & Conditions:
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to the Mirror and World Travellers and not to Facebook
1. The promotional materials, including information on how to enter the prize draw, form part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the prize draw is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. Entries not completed in accordance with them are ineligible.
2. The Promoter of this competition is the Mirror, PO Box 770, Queenstown and World Travellers Queenstown, P.O.Box 253, Queenstown 9348, New Zealand.
3. To enter, entrants are required to enter their details in full. Only valid entries submitted will give you entry into the prize draw.
4. The prize must be used in full and can only be used for a one off travel itinerary. If the prize cannot be used in full the remaining difference is forfeited by the prize winner.
5. The prize must be redeemed at World Travellers Queenstown and must be taken before 31 Dec 2014.
6. The prize winner and any companions travelling as part of the prize must be over legally eligible, and physically able to travel.
7. Entry is open to all residents of New Zealand except employees (and their immediate families) of the promoters the Mirror, World Travellers Queenstown or employees of other Travel Agents. Qualification for entry will be decided by the promoter and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value
9. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or any other person's related to or resulting from participation in this promotion.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of the prize by the suppliers of any portion of the prize. The Promoter will not compensate for any loss or damages to entrants or the prize caused throughout the promotion or prize duration.
11. Entries close on 11th of April 2014
12. The winner will be notified via World Travellers FB Page and the Mirror. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
13. The prize is to be taken as offered and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. You may however add other travel arrangements to the prize at your own cost.
14. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The promoter may use the winner’s photo, name, entry and town of residence in any publicity relating to this promotion.
16. The winner will be required to produce proof of identity.
17. All personal details provided are not disclosed to any other parties other than the promoter.
18. The prize will be forfeit and redrawn if the original prize winner is ineligible decided by the promoter.
19. The prize cannot be gifted to another nominated person if the original winner cannot use the prize. In this instance a new winner will be drawn.
20. Any changes or additions to the prize offered by the promoter incurring additional cost will be paid by the winner.
21. Promoter’s decision is final regarding all aspects of the prize offered and no correspondence will be offered into.
- © Fairfax NZ News