Here, in no particular order, are Boating's 10 favourite New Zealand anchorages, choosen by the magazine's passionate staffers and contributors in our bumper January 2010 issue.
1. Endeavour Inlet, Marlborough Sounds (Lawrence Scaffler)
2. White Island, Bahy of Plenty (John Eichelsheim)
3. Whangaroa Harbour, Far North (John Martin)
4. Pekepeka Bay, Whangaroa Harbour, Far North (John Macfarlane)
5. Wairahi Bay, Great Barrier Island (Harold Kidd)
6. Coralie Bay, Great Mercury Island (Tom Mulvey)
7. Bon Accord Harbour, Kawau Island (Will Calver)
8. Haitaua Bay, Queen Charlotte Sound (Katie McNabb)
9. Woody Bay, Rakino Island (Kent Gray)
10. Boat Harbour, Lake Taupo (Tim Porter)
Where's your favourite anchorage? Post a comment below...
- © Fairfax NZ News