Former Black Caps batsman Lou Vincent's alleged match fixing while playing for English county Sussex in 2011 has left his former team-mates and coach "sickened" and "disgusted".
Sussex cricket bosses, unhappy their club has been dragged into a worldwide corruption scandal, have vented their anger after Vincent and another former player, Naved Arif, were recently charged with corruption by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
Sussex coach Mark Robinson told British media overnight about the pain he felt upon discovering that two of his former charges had been allegedly engaged in corruption.
Vincent was last week charged by the ECB with 14 offences, relating to two county cricket matches he played for Sussex in 2011. Arif was charged with six offences.
"It's devastating. The whole club is hurting," Robinson said.
"We are all deeply shocked about the recent allegations made against games involving Sussex.
"The players' ethos is built on a will to win. The thought that anybody among us, at any time, may have been working against that aim sickens and disgusts us."
Sussex skipper Ed Joyce also fronted the media overnight and described Vincent and Arif as "alleged bad apples".
"There's a lot of anger in the dressing-room. That's the problem when you get a couple of alleged bad apples in your team and people start to question things you do," he said.
"Everything we do as a professional cricket team is about winning games. To think that there could be people in your midst who are doing everything they can not to win games is the worst thing you can do to a sports team."
Earlier this week, Vincent was seen walking his dog with partner Suzie near his house in rural Kaukapakapa, just north of Auckland.
After being charged last week, the former New Zealand international released a statement through his lawyer.
"He will work through these and the process for dealing with the charges as required by the E.C.B," the statement read.
"He further confirms the charges arise from the matters he has disclosed to the authorities, and he remains accountable for his actions of the past.
"The fact of the charges, and more are likely, dispel any notions of a plea bargain having been done as unfortunately appears to be wrongly suggested by others."
But Vincent's old county coach Robinson is still unhappy about what took place during his time at Sussex.
"You recruit players and it doesn't say on their CV, 'I'm a match-fixer', if that's what they are, because no one's been found guilty," Robinson added.
"It's an impossible situation, isn't it? As soon as the club found anything was happening, everything was put into place."
Meanwhile, former New Zealand all-rounder Chris Cairns was understood to have been interviewed by British police in London regarding their investigation into allegations of corruption.
Cairns, who has vehemently denied any involvement in match-fixing, was also expected to meet with the International Cricket Council's anti-corruption investigators tonight (NZT).
The one-time Black Cap left New Zealand on Saturday, bound for England where he had arranged to speak with British police.
Earlier in the year, they interviewed him in Auckland but returned to England before completing their discussions.
The ICC has hinted in recent days that its investigation into allegations of match-fixing in the sport is close to being finalised.
Who's your favourite New Zealand medium pace bowler?