Shakib Al Hasan's 'misbehaviour' ban lifted

Last updated 07:50 27/08/2014
Shakib Al Hasan
Getty Images
ALL ROUNDER: Shakib Al Hasan.

Relevant offers

Cricket

McCullum's injunction to continue for now McCullum in losing Chennai Super Kings effort Medium pacer takes 15 wickets in a day Former Black Cap Styris is still proving worth White Ferns thrashed again by West Indies Knights’ strong performances helps ND coffers Australia give Mitchell Johnson time to recover Haddin to captain Australia in Clarke's absence West Indies celebrate 500th test with victory Martin Crowe suffers lymphoma cancer relapse

Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan's six-month ban imposed last month for ''misbehaviour'' has been lifted, the Bangladesh Cricket Board says.

''After September 15, Shakib will be available for selection,'' BCB president Nazmul Hassan told reporters after a board meeting.

Bangladesh's most prominent cricketer was banned for what the BCB called a ''severe attitude problem''.

He later apologised and made a passionate public plea to the board to reduce the punishment.

Shakib, who has played 34 tests and 136 one-day-internationals, was accused of travelling to the West Indies to play in the Caribbean Premier League Twenty20 tournament without clearance from his board and was subsequently ordered to return to Bangladesh.

The 27-year-old had reportedly threatened to quit playing for his country and had an altercation with coach Chandika Hathurusinghe. Shakib has denied the allegation.

Tuesday's decision paved the way for Shakib to play in the home series against Zimbabwe in October-November.

Ad Feedback

- Reuters

Special offers
Opinion poll

What do you make of the recent crackdown on chucking in cricket?

It's great news. Chucking is a blight on the game.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I think officials are too harsh.

It's a bit late, isn't it? Remember Muralitharan?

Vote Result

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content