New Zealand cricket great Martin Crowe farewelled at Auckland funeral
Family, friends and cricket stars gathered to farewell Martin Crowe during an emotional funeral for the late cricket great in Auckland.
Around 800 attended Holy Trinity Cathedral in Parnell to remember one of New Zealand's greatest ever batsmen.
Older brother Jeff and former team-mate and wicket-keeper Ian Smith both gave heartfelt tributes, while wife Lorraine shared a number of happy and emotional memories of their seven years together.
Actor and cousin Russell Crowe was one of six pallbearers who loaded Martin's casket into the hearse, after which students from his former school, Auckland Grammar, performed a haka - before Martin was led away for a private cremation.
* Crowe given stirring haka
* Russell Crowe to be pallbearer
* Lorraine Downes' tribute to 'my beautiful man' Martin Crowe
* Sir Richard Hadlee, Brendon McCullum lead tributes to Martin Crowe in touching video
* Black Caps to honour Crowe
* McCullum pays tribute to Martin Crowe
* Crowe honoured at school cricket final
* Mark Reason: Only as Martin Crowe approached death did New Zealand learn to love him