Young paceman Mitchell Starc says he's still in the dark about whether he'll play the second cricket test against South Africa starting on Thursday but he's ready to fire if selected.
Left-armer Starc is favoured to replace Ben Hilfenhaus in the Australian attack for the Adelaide Oval test, adding to his four test caps after the Tasmanian struggled to make an impact in the drawn first test at the Gabba.
Most of Starc's cricket of late has been with the white ball at the Champions League and World Twenty20 tournaments, and his last test was against the West Indies back in April.
The 22-year-old has struggled in patches during his two Sheffield Shield matches this season for NSW, but he bounced back in the second against Victoria last week and finished with four wickets on a batsman's deck at the SCG.
Similarly tough bowling conditions are expected for the first couple of days in Adelaide.
"Not a clue (if I'm playing)," said Starc before training with the Australian squad at the Adelaide Oval on Tuesday.
"I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, I reckon.
"If I'm picked, I'm ready to go and ready to do my job for the team ... I'm raring to go and put on that baggy green again."
Hilfenhaus struggled for consistency and potency during the first test at the Gabba, and two tail-end scalps gave him figures of 2-73 for the first innings.
Although still green at international level, Starc's left-arm swing could give Australia an important point of difference in Adelaide.
Starc is confident he's adjusted from T20 cricket and ready to make a return to test level.
"There's a lot more time spent trying to work a batsman out and plan him out," he said.
"Chances aren't going to come every ball and you've really got to take them when you can.
"I've found the last couple of weeks in Shield cricket, (I've been) bowling more overs and getting back into the rhythm and getting that consistency, rather than trying to bowl a slower ball, then a bouncer, then a yorker."
Should bouncers be banned from cricket?