Arthur hopeful of resolution with Cricket Aus

DARREN WALTON
Last updated 18:30 24/07/2013

Relevant offers

Cricket

Black Caps up by 151 after Latham and Williamson milestones Recap: Black Caps v Zimbabwe - first test, day two Australia facing tough chase as Sri Lankan spinners knock off top order Whoops, wrong New Zealand flag flies on coverage of Black Caps test Clang! Top cricketers suffer sickening blows as helmets save day Scorecard: Black Caps v Zimbabwe - first test Neil Wagner picks up six wickets in an innings for the second test in a row Kusal Mendis ton leads fightback, puts heat on Australia Neil Wagner's record six-wicket haul puts Black Caps in control in Bulawayo Recap: Black Caps v Zimbabwe - first test, day one

Sacked national team coach Mickey Arthur is confident of reaching a settlement with Cricket Australia despite failing to resolve the matter during a day of conciliation talks on Wednesday.

Arthur is suing CA for $4 million or his job back after being axed last month on the eve of the Ashes series in England and replaced by Darren Lehmann.

He indicated on his arrival at the Fair Work Commission in Sydney on Wednesday that he was hoping for a settlement rather than having to take CA to court.

Talks between the parties lasted more than five-and-a-half hours before Arthur emerged to announce they would return to resume next Wednesday afternoon.

"Although we didn't come to an outcome today, I'm pretty confident that there was enough goodwill in the room for us to continue talks next week," Arthur said.

"As I said earlier, all we want is a fair and reasonable outcome and I'm pretty sure that we'll achieve that next week."

South African-born Arthur has previously claimed his nationality played a part in his dismissal and also noted a media conference comment by CA chief executive James Sutherland that, to some extent, he was a scapegoat for the team's off-field discipline issues.

Arthur also said on Sunday he had little choice but to take legal action as he'd received nothing in writing from CA since his dismissal and no payment at all despite trying several times to make direct contact at a senior level.

Damaging details of Arthur's case revealing alleged division in the Australian team were leaked to the media last week as the team was preparing for the second Ashes Test at Lord's. Arthur was adamant the leak had not come from his side.

Ad Feedback

- AAP

Special offers
Opinion poll

Should bouncers be banned from cricket?

Yes - they're too dangerous

Neutral - it is what it is

No - it's just bad luck when it goes wrong

Vote Result

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content