Warriors extend Ikahihifo's contract a season

Last updated 02:20 27/06/2014
Sebastine Ikahihifo
Getty Images
STICKING AROUND: Second-rower Sebastine Ikahihifo will remain at Penrose for another season after his Warriors deal was extended.

Relevant offers

League

Daly Cherry-Evans hits out at Kieran Foran coverage NRL will allow Semi Radradra to play despite protection order, but will he show? Storm sign Waiheke Islander Brandon Smith to be Cameron Smith's replacement Warriors need to keep improving says coach Andrew McFadden Troubled Parramatta Eel Semi Radradra a no-show at training Benji Marshall begins talks with rival NRL clubs New Zealand Warriors release Jeff Robson on compassionate grounds Kieran Foran issued Parramatta Eels breach notice: report Paul Gallen: I would have quit Origin last year Warriors drop Jonathan Wright as Tuimoala Lolohea returns to the starting side

Backrower Sebastine Ikahihifo has had his contract with the Warriors extended to the end of next year.

Ikahihifo made his NRL debut in 2012 and will rack up just his 23rd match for the Warriors when he starts at lock against Penrith in Auckland on Sunday.

However, almost half of those appearances have come in 2014 and he played a key role in Chad Townsend's decisive try in the 19-10 win over Brisbane last weekend.

Warriors general manager of football Dean Bell says Ikahihifo, 23, has been one of the club's most improved players this season and is clearly relishing the chance to get consistent game time.

Ad Feedback

- AAP

Special offers
Opinion poll

Who is your pick for international league player of the year?

Shaun Johnson

Jesse Bromwich

Sam Burgess

James Graham

Greg Inglis

Johnathan Thurston

Vote Result

Related story: (See story)

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content