Todd Carney has lodged an official appeal over his sacking from Cronulla last weekend and claims two members of the Sharks board weren't even consulted before the decision was made.
Carney's agent David Riolo wrote to the NRL on Friday accusing the Sharks of failing to follow the process for dealing with disciplinary issues outlined in the collective bargaining agreement between the NRL and the Rugby League Players Association.
Riolo also said Cronulla officials did not have the courtesy to advise Carney that his $3.5 million, five-year contract had been terminated before issuing a press release to announce the star five-eighth had been sacked.
"Todd was on long-term contract at the Sharks and he got fired by a phone call which ironically came after the press release had already been sent out and also still hasn't received any written notification five days later of a breach notice or even a termination," Riolo told Triple M.
"There are things within the NRL contract, a process that needs to be followed and it is clear as day what you have to do and that is send a breach notice, that then gives the player five days notice to attend to that and appear before the board.
"None of this has been followed and he has just been treated with complete disrespect. Regardless of the issue I think everyone deserves a fair hearing."
- Sydney Morning Herald
What should the Warriors do with Dane Nielsen?Related story: (See story)