Robbie Farah, Wests Tigers boss patch things up

Last updated 17:29 08/08/2014
Robbie Farah
MOVING ON: Tigers skipper Robbie Farah says he and chief executive Grant Mayer have spoken and are ready to work through their differences.

Relevant offers


Five rookies in Kangaroos team to play Scotland Jared Waerea-Hargreaves determined to start delivering in Kiwis jersey Former Warriors player enters intimated guilty plea to driving charge Rugby league brings back the biff - no sin bin for punching in the Four Nations Canberra Raiders prop Junior Paulo ready for boxing rumble with Paul Gallen Kiwis wing Jordan Rapana comes full circle ahead of Four Nations challenge Roosters executive Peter O'Sullivan banned indefinitely by NRL Shaun Johnson says he may have to take pay cut for Warriors to be successful Kiwis hooker Issac Luke driven by the ghosts of UK tours past Parramatta Eels 'lose $11 million' in horror NRL season

Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah insists he's patched up his relationship with chief executive Grant Mayer and the turmoil surrounding the future of coach Mick Potter was not responsible for their form slump.

Farah, in a television interview which aired last night, said he had not received adequate support from Mayer and did not speak to his boss for a week and a half at the height of the drama.

The NSW hooker today said he had since repaired his relationship with Mayer and wanted to move on from the saga.

''I didn't question (Mayer's) leadership, I just said I was disappointed,'' Farah said.

''The interview was done on Tuesday, he spoke to me on Wednesday - so we have spoken briefly at training.

''I told him I want to focus on this week's game, which is the most important thing at the moment.

''But me and him will work through that. We're both professionals. We both want what's best for this club. He's the CEO, I'm the captain, and we'll get on with our jobs.''

Since an encouraging win over Canterbury three weeks ago, the Tigers have slumped to consecutive losses against St George Illawarra and Melbourne.

The side's chances for Saturday night's clash with North Queensland took a hit when halfback Luke Brooks (shoulder) and winger Pat Richards (hamstring) were both late withdrawals.

Farah said the back office dramas had not contributed to their poor form and injuries had played their part.

''We've been going through a difficult period since Origin and it isn't just because what's happened here,'' he said.

''Injuries have played a part and it's not easy when you're chopping and changing your side.

''We've lost for the year James Tedesco. Tim Simona and Chris Lawrence have been out for long periods of time. We've just got to focus on that.

''Brooksy didn't play last week and he's not playing again tomorrow. That's a massive loss to lose your halfback.

Potter is off contract at the end of the season.

When asked if he expects to be at Concord next year, he said: ''I would like to be. It's my preferred option.''

He said he had been forced to bite his tongue during the saga.

''That's part of the job, I'm trying to manage it and I think I'm not doing a bad job,'' he said.

Ad Feedback


Special offers
Opinion poll

Who is your pick for international league player of the year?

Shaun Johnson

Jesse Bromwich

Sam Burgess

James Graham

Greg Inglis

Johnathan Thurston

Vote Result

Related story: (See story)

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content