High-profile Brisbane recruit Scott Prince has described the events surrounding his departure from the Gold Coast NRL club he captained as "confusing".
Prince admitted to some first-day nerves when the centre of attention as he arrived for Brisbane's first pre-season training session at Purtell Park on Monday.
The halfback spoke for the first time about the events which led to him leaving the club which he skippered since their debut in the NRL in 2007.
"It's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride with emotions," said Prince.
The Titans said they were unwilling to take up an option to keep Prince for a further season in 2014 and he finally secured a two-year agreement with Brisbane after coming close to signing a three-year deal with English club Hull FC.
But the Titans will pay Brisbane a large chunk of Prince's 2013 salary as part of his deal reached despite coach John Cartwright saying the 32-year-old playmaker had been a key part of his plans next season.
"I guess at the end of the day it's all in the past now and my family and close friends can all move forward now we have a resolution," said Prince.
"It was difficult how it all unfolded but I've got an opportunity late with the Broncos and I've moved on."
Prince was diplomatic when asked if he felt the Gold Coast wanted his services next season.
"That's probably a question you should ask them (Titans)," he said.
"From my side is was all a bit confusing.
"Both sides, myself and the Titans, would probably say it was disappointing how it all unfolded.
"We're both moving on. I am looking forward to the future and I starting fresh here back in the Broncos colours."
Prince said he thought he would be on a plane going to the UK until he got a late telephone call on Sunday with an offer to keep playing in the NRL with Brisbane.
"It was perfect timing in the end," he said.
Prince hadn't officially agree to a deal with Hull who reportedly offered him in excess of $1 million for a three-year deal.
"There was a lot of (media) talk (about the Hull deal)," Prince said.
"It was funny actually sitting back reading stories you guys (media) wrote on the back of lies, it was quite amusing actually.
"I was supposed to have met with Peter Gentle (Hull FC coach) at the weekend but I was out at Roma.
"It was reported on the Monday that we did catch up and that all things seemed to be going sweetly.
"... (But) I finally got a formal offer (from Brisbane) on Sunday and discussed it with my family and accepted the challenge they put to me."
Prince said Griffin had made it very clear what he would have to earn a spot in Brisbane's NRL squad.
"But I'm very happy to be given this opportunity by the Broncos to get back on the horse and prove myself again," he said.
Prince, who left Brisbane in 2003 after three tough years in which he suffered two serious leg injuries, arrived at training with another of the club's off-season recruits, David Stagg who signed a two-year deal with the club over the weekend.
Who is your pick for international league player of the year?Related story: (See story)