Ferguson stood down from NRL for four weeks

Last updated 19:07 19/06/2013

Relevant offers

League

Ricky Stuart keeps faith with Raiders players Sutton out for six but Burgess on the mend Rabbitohs beat Raiders but key duo injured League star, legend embroiled in a bitter feud Manly's big guns keep on firing Benji Marshall reflects on emotional Tigers win Manly Sea Eagles too good for NZ Warriors Wests Tigers coach's future undecided Hull contract falls through for Warriors centre Titans investigated for possible cap breaches

Canberra have made suspended NSW Origin winger Blake Ferguson unavailable for NRL selection for at least four weeks while he undertakes an extensive alcohol management program.

The Raiders board made the decision on Wednesday after the club met with Ferguson following his dumping from the NSW team when charged with indecent assault over an alleged nightclub incident.

The four-week period covers the time before Ferguson's court appearance on that charge on July 16, the day before Origin game three.

The NRL had already suspended Ferguson's registration indefinitely, citing repeated behavioural issues involving the abuse of alcohol, while it awaited the outcomes from the Canberra board.

"The NRL will review Ferguson's progress with the club after a four-week period and assess his eligibility at that point," said the NRL in a statement on Wednesday.

It said both the NRL and Raiders would await the outcome of the court case before making a final determination on Ferguson over that issue.

Ad Feedback

- AAP

Special offers
Opinion poll

What should the Warriors do with Dane Nielsen?

Try and offload him. He's been a disappointment.

Nothing. He's got another year on his contract.

Give him more of a chance to showcase his skills.

Re-sign him. He's an Origin rep and solid defensive centre.

Vote Result

Related story: (See story)

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content