Dragons sign Harry Siejka for rest of season

Last updated 13:08 20/06/2013

Relevant offers

League

Left-flank assault pays dividends for Bulldogs Sam Kasiano to miss remainder of NRL season Junior Warrior Bell banned for spitting incident Sharks must admit to being 'doped' and 'duped’ Cronulla players get issued show-cause notices Warriors coach Andrew McFadden not panicking Konrad Hurrell returns to face Sydney Roosters Gallen: If we take reduced ban we're drug cheats Roosters name strong team for Warriors clash Sharks players urged not to accept ASADA bans

St George Illawarra have signed pivot Harry Siejka for the rest of the 2013 season as a potential replacement for Jamie Soward, who was released by the NRL club this week.

Siejka will begin training immediately with NSW Cup side the Illawarra Cutters and is contracted until the end of October, the Dragons said in a statement on Thursday.

Siejka was on a two-year deal with the Warriors but was released earlier this month for personal reasons, including the need to be closer to his family.

The 21-year-old made his NRL debut in 2011 in the halves for Penrith, playing four first-grade matches.

"I'm really excited by the opportunity to play for the Dragons as they're a club with a rich and proud history," Siejka said in a statement.

"I'm very thankful to be a part of the club and look forward to getting stuck into training alongside my new teammates."

The signing comes just three days after Soward was granted an immediate release by the Dragons to join English Super League strugglers the London Broncos.

He will join Penrith next year on a four-year deal.

Ad Feedback

- AAP

Special offers
Opinion poll

Will the Warriors be playing finals footy this year?

For sure. They'll dominate in the last three rounds.

It won't be easy but they'll definitely make the eight.

I can't see it. That loss to Newcastle will hurt them.

They are no chance. They've been disappointing of late.

Vote Result

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content