* These two teams are contesting the final for the third Rugby League World Cup in a row. Australia beat the Kiwis 40-12 at Old Trafford in front of 44,329 spectators in 2000 and the Kiwis won the 2008 final 34-20 in Brisbane. 50,509 fans watched the final at Suncorp Stadium.
* Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith and Paul Gallen were part of the side that lost to New Zealand in the last final. Simon Mannering, Manu Vatuvei, Thomas Leuluai, Issac Luke and Greg Eastwood were part of the 17-man squad that that lifted the trophy five years ago. Inglis scored a try that day.
* Australia are aiming for their 10th world title in this match. The reigning champions have lifted the trophy once.
* Shaun Johnson has scored 74 points in the tournament so far, 14 more than Johnathan Thurston. Two more points for the Kiwi would take him level with Mick Cronin who holds the record for most points in a tournament (76 in the 1975 edition). Michael O'Connor scored 100 points in the 1985-88 tournament, but over a span of three years.
* Since Ryan Hall's eighth-minute try at Cardiff, Australia have not allowed one clean break from any of their opponents. 392 minutes of RLWC2013 action have passed since they conceded that break.
* Indeed, Australia have not conceded a try since the first game.
* Just four Australians (Andrew Fifita, Cameron Smith, James Tamou and Paul Gallen) have figured in all five of their RLWC2013 matches so far. Seven Kiwis haven't been afforded a rest so far (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Shaun Johnson, Bryson Goodwin, Frank-Paul Nuuausala and Issac Luke).
* Australia have won their last six Tests against New Zealand at an aggregate score- line of 158-62. They did not concede more than 12 points in any of these games.
* Australia have won all four of their internationals at Old Trafford, three of which were against Great Britain. As well as losing the 2000 final on this ground, New Zealand beat the Lions 24-16 at the venue in 1989.
* Australia have won their last 14 internationals in a row with their last defeat coming at the hands of the Kiwis in the final of the 2010 Four Nations.
* New Zealand's five-match winning run in this tournament comes on the back of them losing four Tests in a row. They last won five Tests in a row at the 2000 World Cup but they have never managed to win six on the bounce.
* Jarryd Hayne has scored nine tries in four appearances in RLWC2013, whilst Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is joint-second on the list with eight touchdowns in five games.
- Fairfax Media
Who is your pick for international league player of the year?Related story: (See story)