Canterbury Tactix game moved to Rotorua

MATT RICHENS
Last updated 05:00 02/03/2011

Relevant offers

Netball

The fight for netball's dollars as revenues soar Shining Australia Diamonds expect tough test Julie Seymour still giving back to the game Noeline Taurua joins Mystics in coaching role Clare McMeniman rewarded with Australia spot Robyn Broughton on lookout for future stars The Silver Ferns shooting end under scrutiny Saturday night live with the Southern Steel Magic face tough start to new season Mainland Tactix taking two games to Blenheim

The Canterbury Tactix will not host the Waikato-Bay of Plenty Magic in this season's trans-Tasman netball competition.

Monday's clash against last year's runners-up has been moved from CBS Canterbury Arena to Rotorua, but will still be counted as a Tactix's home game.

After costs of moving the game are taken, the Tactix will take the gate takings and it is understood a percentage of those will be given to a quake relief fund.

When the teams are due to meet again on April 14, it will also be in Rotorua.

Tactix chief executive Pete Smith said playing two away games was obviously not ideal because their supporters and sponsors would struggle to get there, but it was the only real option following last Tuesday's quake.

CBS Canterbury Arena was not expected to be cleared until at least March 15, but it could be a lot later than that, he said.

The Tactix's next home game is against the Southern Steel on March 31 and Smith was confident that particular game would go ahead in Christchurch.

The Tactix are waiting to hear back from Netball New Zealand, which is trying to find a date to play the Tactix v Northern Mystics game which was postponed last week.

Waikato-Bay of Plenty Magic were made to sweat it out but the result was never seriously in doubt as they beat Central Pulse 46-44 in a trans-Tasman netball league match in Wellington on Monday night.

Ad Feedback

- The Press

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content