Kiwi Blade Runner Liam Malone consoles beaten opponent after thrilling win
Kiwi Blade Runner Liam Malone took time out after his thrilling victory in the 400m to console American competitor Hunter Woodhall.
The 22-year-old won gold in 46.20 seconds in a photo finish with Germany's David Behre, with Woodhall pushed back to the bronze medal.
It was Malone's third medal in his sensational Paralympics debut and his time was just 0.11s outside of New Zealand's able-bodied record.
After the race, Malone took time out from his celebrations to console Woodhall.
* Malone claims another gold
* From ankle shuffling to blade running: Liam Malone's story of triumph
* Hamill wins New Zealand's medal
* Kiwis look to make mark on day 8
* Your complete guide to when New Zealanders are in action
* Your guide to what the different classifications mean