Davies reveals three day blank following hit

Last updated 12:04 29/11/2012
Bradley Davies
Getty Images
OUT COLD: Bradley Davies has revealed he has no memory of the incident that has seen Andrew Hore banned for five weeks.

Related Links

All Blacks forwards preparing for final battle Andrew Hore receives five-week suspension Highlanders not calling in replacement for Hore Hore's punishment doesn't match the crime Hore's suspension both fair and deserved McCaw, Carter shortlisted for player of the year Dan Carter desperate to play at Twickenham

Relevant offers

International

Wallabies set for tests against Europe's elite Reason: Players flying feet first into trouble New Cup format ends long-running rugby dispute Quade Cooper backs a combined Anzac team Kiwi Russell to step down as Newcastle coach Munster rout Toulouse, Clermont edge Leicester French club rugby money looms for NZ players Ex All Black Jimmy Cowan leaving Gloucester United States qualify for 2015 Rugby World Cup Former All Blacks add flavour to the Barbarians

Welsh lock Bradley Davies says he has no memory of being knocked out by Andrew Hore but holds no grudge against the All Black hooker.

Hore was today banned for five games for his swinging arm attack on Bradley early in last week's win over Wales in Cardiff.

The blow left Bradley unconscious and hopsitalised.

Today he spoke about the incident for the first time, making it clear he wants to move on.

"The incident has gone and I hold no grudges. He (Hore) has called and texted me to apologise and I would like to leave it there," Bradley said in a report on the WalesOnline website.

"It was a bit naughty, but he caught me a cracker and that is rugby, I don't think he tried to knock me out. It is just one of those things. I got in his way and he caught me flush on the jaw.

"I know what he is going through because I got banned last season for seven weeks and missed the Six Nations and Grand Slam for a stupid off-the-ball incident in the opening match in Ireland.

"People ask you why you do it. But it is hard to explain and you can't answer them because you don't know yourself."

But he did reveal the extent the hit had caused to memory.

"My first reaction when I saw it on the television replays afterwards was 'Oh, that is what has happened'. I felt very groggy for a while afterwards.

"My last memory before the game was last Wednesday and my mind has pretty much gone blank since then. I was in college doing a plumbing course and I cut my finger with a hacksaw. That was the last thing I can remember.

"I was actually only out cold for a couple of seconds on Saturday, but when I came to, I had lost all my short-term memory. That was strange because that had never happened to me before.

"I have been knocked out loads of time, but nothing like this has happened. It is not nice waking up and not knowing what has gone on. It also dented my pride a bit that I lasted less than a minute.

"After the game I was gone and I did not have a clue what was going on. Apparently I was asking the same question over and over again. On Sunday I was still a bit fragile and did not make much sense.

"I am all right and I have my health. The more difficult thing is what my family had to go through.

"My girlfriend is more than 30 weeks pregnant and she was a little bit nervous in the stands. When people who care about you see you lying out cold on the floor like that, it is not very nice.

Ad Feedback

"I was OK because I did not know what was going on."

- © Fairfax NZ News

Comments

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content