England's Flood cleared on tip tackle charge

JUSTIN PALMER
Last updated 12:07 09/01/2013
Toby Flood
Getty Images
IN THE CLEAR: Leicester flyhalf Toby Flood will be free to play for England in the Six Nations after being cleared of a tip-tackle charge.

Relevant offers

International

Paul Cully: Forget the phoney war, Wallabies are still favourites to beat England England brings former Wallaby Glen Ella into coaching staff South Africa's first gay rugby team reveal racy recruitment campaign Coach expects Wales' Sam Warburton to get over shoulder injury for the All Blacks Marlborough mezzo soprano Elin Tomos to sing Welsh national anthem at All Blacks vs Wales test matches Israel Folau says he won't be paying attention to Eddie Jones talk before England Test series New Wallabies jersey for 2016 international season unveiled in Sydney New Zealand under-20s beat Australia in first leg of two-match rugby series England's NZ-born captain Dylan Hartley struggling with concussion ahead of Australia tour Waratahs star Kurtley Beale just wants Wallabies starting spot despite debate

England and Leicester flyhalf Toby Flood was cleared today by an RFU disciplinary panel of making an alleged dangerous tip tackle on Worcester's Andy Goode in an English Premiership match.

"Whilst we found that the elements of a dangerous tackle were made out, after very careful analysis we could not be satisfied, to that standard required, that the dynamics of the incident had not been caused, or contributed to, significantly by the involvement of other players from both teams," disciplinary panel chairman Jeremy Summers said in a statement.

Flood had been cited following Leicester's 19-14 victory on Friday.

Ad Feedback

- Reuters

Special offers
Opinion poll

Who was the better Springboks lock?

Bakkies Botha

Victor Matfield

Vote Result

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content