France lose back Dulin from Six Nations squad

GREGORY BLACHIER
Last updated 13:48 26/01/2013

Relevant offers

International

Paul Cully: Forget the phoney war, Wallabies are still favourites to beat England England brings former Wallaby Glen Ella into coaching staff South Africa's first gay rugby team reveal racy recruitment campaign Coach expects Wales' Sam Warburton to get over shoulder injury for the All Blacks Marlborough mezzo soprano Elin Tomos to sing Welsh national anthem at All Blacks vs Wales test matches Israel Folau says he won't be paying attention to Eddie Jones talk before England Test series New Wallabies jersey for 2016 international season unveiled in Sydney New Zealand under-20s beat Australia in first leg of two-match rugby series England's NZ-born captain Dylan Hartley struggling with concussion ahead of Australia tour Waratahs star Kurtley Beale just wants Wallabies starting spot despite debate

 

France fullback Brice Dulin will be out of action for several weeks because of a hamstring injury and is set to miss most of the Six Nations championship, the French federation (FFR) said today.

Fullback Maxime Medard has been called up as a replacement in the 33-man preliminary squad which will gather on Saturday to prepare for the competition, the FFR said in a statement.

Winger Vincent Clerc also picked up a minor injury today while playing with his club side Toulouse and is doubtful.

The 22-year-old Dulin, who started France's last five games, picked up the injury during a French league game with his French club Castres yesterday.

"With league games so close to the start of our competition, we have to expect this kind of news," France manager Philippe Saint-Andre was quoted as saying in the statement.

Medard, 26, returned last November after a knee injury he suffered during France's win over Scotland last year in the Six Nations ruled him out for eight months.

The Toulouse fullback, who was the first choice in the position during the 2011 World Cup, has 31 caps.

France's squad for their opening game in Italy on February 3 will be named on Tuesday (NZ time).

Ad Feedback

- Reuters

Special offers
Opinion poll

Who was the better Springboks lock?

Bakkies Botha

Victor Matfield

Vote Result

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content