Pride in their Lion: Leigh Halfpenny's family smother their star
Being named in a British and Irish Lions squad is a big deal.
Passion to play for the Lions runs deep as Leigh Halfpenny revealed on Wednesday (NZT Thursday) when he released a video of the moment he was named in the squad for the June tour to New Zealand.
Despite having 71 test caps for Wales, passion to play for the Lions against the All Blacks was evident as the outside back leapt in ecstasy as his name was read. He shared the moment online with a simple statement: "What a feeling."
Tuned in to the live announcement, Halfpenny received the news surrounded by family who encircled him in a giant group hug after waiting a few anxious minutes.
* Reason: Scots unfairly ignored
* Recap: British and Irish Lions squad naming
* Watch: Lions squad named
* Scots hit back over Lions snub
* Warburton named Lions captain
* O'Driscoll shock at Scotland snub
* Kiwis Payne and Te'o named in Lions