The honey badger has struck again.
Western Force winger Nick Cummins, who nicknamed himself the honey badger, is known for his colourful interviews but his effort after his team's win against the Highlanders on Saturday night is a contender for the best post-game interview of all time.
He starts by responding to a questions about a try that went begging by saying "I was busting for a bit of meat this game but it didn't seem to work out".
And when pressed on his team's attacking philosophy he summed it up succinctly.
"Into them, basically, up the guts and then swing it wide and in the corner."
But he saves the best for last when asked about the origin of his nickname.
"The badge? Long story short, basically there was a documentary on National Geographic or Animal Planet and I watched this thing and this honey badger was going toe to toe with a male lion and it was underneath him, the underdog obviously.
"But he's on his back, clawing away, one, two, and then bloody the big fella [lion] got his [testicles] clawed off and he trotted off round the corner and fell over and the badger gets back up and I thought 'what an animal, that's impressive'."
Sky presenter Scotty Stevenson proclaimed it as the "best post-match interview ever".
Some of Cummins' other memorable one-liners include:
* "One of my old man's sayings was if you want to make god laugh, you tell him your plans."
* "If I end up getting a gig I'll be going off like a cut snake."
* "I was like a rat up a drain pipe with one of those runs there."
* "When the start of the season turns up the boys will be going off like a bull in a china shop."
* "I was sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage when he got up after scoring that try."
Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly said Cummins compared the Force's attacking play to the Ewoks' assault on imperial forces on the planet Endor in the film Return of the Jedi. That was just wishful thinking on our part.
- Fairfax Media
Which 2015 NZ Super Rugby team looks best?