Nick Kyrgios' coach says he wants what's best for the rising tennis star, even if it means parting ways after a career-defining fortnight at Wimbledon.
New Zealander Simon Rea has overseen the 19-year-old's rapid rise from outside the world's top 800 at the start of last year to the quarter-finals of a grand slam.
But the partnership's future is unclear with Kyrgios and his family wanting him to return to his Canberra home having spent much of the past year with Rea in Melbourne.
Rea was immensely proud after Kyrgios' run ended at the hands of Milos Raonic on Wednesday and said discussions would soon commence about the future.
"There's a few things to work through logistically. Nothing's on the table. Nothing's off the table," Rea said.
"Nothing's been decided in terms of what his program and coaching structure look like.
"My understanding with those discussions is that we can now have those and we can figure out a great solution for him.
"We just made an absolutely concrete commitment to get through to the end of Wimbledon and then, when the dust had settled from here, we'd discuss a few of the logistical challenges that we're confronted with.
"He and I have to have some conversations about a few things."
Kyrgios was again vague when asked about his coaching situation on Wednesday but he paid tribute to Rea.
"I've had the best week of my life," Kyrgios said.
"He's done a great job there. I haven't really thought too much about it yet."
Rea described Kyrgios' run at the All England Club, which included a stunning upset of world No.1 Rafael Nadal, as career-defining.
The teenager's ranking will soar into the top 70 next week, guaranteeing him automatic qualification for future grand slams.
"In terms of (rising from) 144 to 66 overnight and the experiences that he's gained and the understanding that he's gained of himself and of how he functions under the spotlight and under the microscope ... it's irreplaceable," Rea said.
"Just extremely proud. What a run he's been on, what a journey it's been for him."
Kyrgios is scheduled to play in the grasscourt event at Newport in the US next week, however he could withdraw given his gruelling campaign so far.
He will then turn his attention to the American hardcourt season and Tennis Australia mentor Todd Woodbridge believes he can produce another strong showing at September's US Open.
"That surface really suits him - then, of course, the Australian Open," Woodbridge said.
"We're going to be riding the emotional rollercoaster with him now for the coming years."