Commenters were in fine form today, with sarcasm-laden quips filling the comment sections on the site. Here are some of our favourites:
1. Who's a cheeky wee bird then? A story in our environment section about some nosey keas that are making a nuisance of themselves attracted a flock of good comments.
Stig wrote "My admiration for the clever Kea comes from the time we were tramping and sat down watching a Kea dancing in front of us - but it was a clever distraction ploy - as while we were watching this Kea entertaining us his/her mate was stealing from our backpacks."
Stig 0 - Kea 1.
2. Also on the kea yarn, RaoulDingus paints quite a picture with their imagination:
"I like the idea of gangs of delinquent Kea roaming the streets looking for trouble. I imagine them smoking and hanging out in front of the local shops."
3. It's the answer to the age-old question we've all wondered - does money make us happy? We think Julie Borthwick summed it up nicely with this reflection:
"Money only makes happy people happier."
4. Jimmy Hislop on Facebook smashed this comment through the covers and to the boundary on a story about former Black Cap bowler purchasing a Four Square in Palmerston North.
"This needs to be renamed "Four Behind Square".
A slow-clap for fellow commenter Cole Waters and his offering of "Finally, a reason to visit Palmy".
5. Poor ol' Miss USA won't ever live down forgetting the capital city of her home state, but Stuff readers were quick to reassure her that she's not alone in her gaffes.
Ellybaba commented: "I remember talking to an American (from the USA). The conversation had been going for about 10 minutes, before she stopped me mid sentence and asked ' so in New Zealand, you speak English, but with an accent'?"
Can the Black Caps win the World Cup?Related story: (See story)