Today's top stories were ripe for the commenting what with Colin Craig's coat-tailing plans and an incident with a giant stone vagina.
So without further ado, we bring you, today's top five:
5. ashishnaicker is a bit skeptical about Labour's latest election year offering to buy all red-zoned bare land at the full 2007 rateable value.
"Lolly scramble upgraded to chocolate scramble..."
4. Voters in our latest poll have overwhelmingly rejected the "coat-tail" practice, but according to jfree, the comments on today's story seem to be missing the point:
"I love how within three comments this had become a National vs Labour debate about who manipulates the system the worst. Never mind the fact that the entire thing no matter what side it's being done by is a complete rort. Can't people just put their colours aside for once in the name of common sense?"
3. On the subject of coat-tailing, Freedom Fries made this perplexing, too-deep-for-a-Monday-before-coffee comment re Colin Craig and John Key's election relationship, which we can only assume refers to our image of Craig reclining in a field:
"So the lion in the grass is still waiting...Lions live for 10-14 years in the wild, while in captivity they can live longer than 20 years. In the wild, males seldom live longer than 10 years, as injuries sustained from continual fighting with rival males greatly reduce their longevity. They are also expert scavengers obtaining over 50 percent of their food by scavenging as opportunity allows. Come on National party. Give the cat a bone."
An extra shout out to Andrew Stevenson for this observation on the same image:
"I think he heard that to be elected to Parliament you have to be "outstanding in your field"."
2. globalparochial was rolling deep in the discussion of Aussie slang, Bermuda Triangle deep:
"Flamin galah. An Ocker isn't a bogan. Although a Bogan may be considered a sub-species of the Ocker genus. An Ocker is just a person who is" Aussie As" - over the top with all things 'Strayan, i.e.: gum-trees, Ned Kelly and bush poetry. An Ocker is pretty much the Aussie version of Barry Crump. A bogan is a BOGAN in 'Straya. They invented Boganism back when Bon Scott invented the first Torana. We just nicked the name recently to describe our Westie metal heads. Either way, they're bloody funny to watch. From a safe distance."
1. SparkeysDad's comment on our Student gets stuck in giant stone vagina story made us laugh, as well as be grateful it wasn't another comment talking about lube:
"I read the headline and for a split second I thought it was a story about my first marriage."
Are you a fan of Paul Henry's new show?Related story: (See story)