Today in the top comments, there’s no plane like home, a good reason to ditch the entire planet, and one reader struggles to stay current. Read on to see if you’re on trend.
5. Love them or hate them, the Kardashians are hard to avoid. Shoulder Angel sees one way out:
‘‘If the Kardashians win an AWARD for what they do, I'm leaving the planet.’’
4. This is a little bit of a niche joke, but if you make Simpsons references every day of your life, Meestah Wizard’s suggestion for MacGyver's appearance in Auckland makes a lot of sense:
‘‘people need to come as Patty and Selma and follow him around the con.’’
3. Things came to a bit of a standstill here this morning in the final few minutes of the Argentina-Netherlands semi final, and the reaction online was huge. Zeffer had these sensible words of advice:
‘‘In sport, whether you are the winner or the loser, be respectful, dignified, humble and gracious. You may be on the losing side next time.’’
2. When you’re far from home, the simplest things can remind you how much you love New Zealand. Champ3580 had this touching moment in Los Angeles:
"Having just travelled back from Los Angeles to NZ on the black Air NZ 777 I have to say that having an all black plane is brilliant. Sitting amongst dozens of other airlines at LAX the black plane stood out from the crowd and looked beautiful. It was so eye catching that numerous other travellers around me commented on how great it looked. It really made me feel proud to be a New Zealander."
1. And today’s winner, Mike_Oxlong, gets his head around the ice water challenge that’s been making the rounds on Facebook:
‘‘I'll just stick to planking, thank you very much. That's still cool, right????’’
Are you a fan of The Bachelor NZ?Related story: (See story)