Wool the real Romney please stand up?
We New Zealanders have a question for our American friends.
We don't know what you guys are talking about half of the time, but we are especially perplexed by your current obsession with sheep.
The Romney breed of sheep is usually associated with New Zealand, and we are frankly staggered at noticing so many Romney-related stories in US media.
Just to make doubly sure we're talking about the same breed of sheep, we offer you this description of a New Zealand Romney so that you Americans can reply to let us know if they're the same.
Here we go:
1) A Romney sheep's face is white, and its skin is "of a clean pink colour" (source: wikipedia).
2) A Romney's wool is unusually long. It is easy to pull the wool over its eyes.
3) Romney wool is noted for its ready spin.
4) A Romney doesn't have horns.
5) Romneys are susceptible to foot-in-mouth disease.
Does this sound like your Romney?
View all contributions
Are you a fan of The Bachelor NZ?Related story: (See story)