Help get NZ cooking: Egg fried rice
This recepie serves four and you can add your own personalised touch with ingredients you like, including seasonings.
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Asian|
|Cooking time||<30 min|
|2 cups uncooked rice|
|4 or 6 eggs, lightly beaten|
|4 tablespoons oil|
|1 medium onion, finely diced|
|1 cup (or more) mixed vegetables of your choice (optional)|
1. Start by cooking 2 cups of rice in 4 cups of water. Put this in the microwave for about 18-20 minutes then cool the rice.
2. In a large pan or wok, add oil. When hot add the onions, lightly fry and add the eggs.
3. Season the eggs with a little salt and pepper (you could at this stage add shredded cooked chicken)
4. Once the eggs are just about fully cooked add the cooked, cooled, rice.
5. Add salt and pepper again. Remember to taste it.
6. Keep stirring continuously and add you own variations now.
View all contributions
Are you a fan of Paul Henry's new show?Related story: (See story)