What's on your plate: Stuffed crust vegetarian pizza
This has a wholemeal base with a cheese-stuffed crust, with a hummus and tomato chutney sauce and is topped with garlic, rosemary, spinach, peas and tofu.
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Pizza|
|Cooking time||30 min - 1 hour|
|Serves/makes||2 - 4+|
|Salt & Pepper|
|1 tablespoon yeast|
|1 heaped teaspoon sugar|
|1 cup warm water|
|2 cups wholemeal flour|
|1 cup white flour|
|1 tablespoon oil|
|Strong flavoured cheese (optional) or other crust stuffer of your choice|
1. I mixed store-bought hummus and chutney together,
2. The tofu was marinated in soy sauce, salt, pepper and chilli powder then roasted for about 15 minutes.
3. The base is made by mixing a tablespoon of yeast, a heaped teaspoon of sugar and a cup of warm water and leaving to froth for 15 minutes.
4. After this, add two cups of wholemeal flour, one cup white flour and a tablespoon of oil and mix well.
5. Knead until elastic, put in an oiled bowl and leave to rise in a warm place for at least 10 minutes.
6. Punch down and knead well again, then roll out into a base (there should be enough dough for two bases).
7. To make a stuffed crust, roll edges out thinly, then put stuffing a centimetre in from the edge and fold over and seal.
8. Top and bake until golden.