Fettuccine with spinach and roasted tomatoes
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Pasta|
|Cooking time||30 min - 1 hour|
|Serves/makes||4 - 6|
This is a really easy dish that gives you a decent amount of fresh vegetables on your plate.
I also add some fried cubes of bacon to give a bit of flavour, or some other meat, to the dish.
|2 garlic cloves, crushed
|1 onion, chopped|
|250ml vegetable stock|
|1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half length ways and then cut each half in three wedges, place onto a tray and cook for about 30-35 minutes, or until softened and slightly golden,
3. Meanwhile heat butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan, add garlic and onion, and cook for about five minutes, until onions are soft.
4. Add the spinach, stock and cream, increase the heat and bring to a boil, simmer rapidly for five minutes.
5. While the spinach mixture is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente, drain and return to the pan.
6. Remove the spinach from the heat and season well, cool slightly and then process in a blender until smooth.
7. Toss through the pasta until coated well, divide among serving bowls and top with the roasted tomatoes and parmesan.
View all contributions
Would you send your child to a total immersion school of another culture?Related story: (See story)