Help get NZ cooking: A cheat's lasagne
This is a favourite recipe in our home, and is great for people flatting.
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Pasta|
|Cooking time||<30 min|
|Serves/makes||1 - unlimited|
Use amounts that suit the number of people being served. Use gluten-free pasta and sauce if needed. Ask about allergies before using seeds or nuts.
|Any vegetable that can be grated (e.g. carrots) or diced (mushrooms) to add extra nutrition|
|Seeds like sunflowers, linseed|
|1. Grate the cheese and any hard vegetables or else dice (chop into small pieces).
2. Place pasta in pot on stove with water and boil until it's tender. Meanwhile, cook the mince in a frypan (turning frequently) until it's cooked through. Drain the fat out (not down the sink!). Add the pasta sauce and veges and seeds. Allow it to heat through.
3. Drain the pasta, and leave it in the pot.
4. Mix half your grated cheese into the pasta, stirring frequently while the cheese melts.
5. Layer the pasta mixture into the base of an oven-proof dish. Pour the mince mixture over the top. Sprinkle the remaining half of your grated cheese over the top.
6. Place in the oven and lightly grill the cheese on top until it melts. Serve immediately.
Leftovers (if any) taste great heated in tthe microwave the next day for lunch.
Help New Zealand get cooking is an ongoing Stuff Nation assignment. To contribute hit the green button
View all contributions