If I were president I'd...
I would do the following, were I elected POTUS (president of the United States):
- End fossil fuel subsidies.
- End corn farming and large agribusiness subsidies.
- Subsidise and incentivise organic and permaculture farming and land use.
- Return land to the indigenous owners of it.
- End all nuclear programs.
- Cut all financial and military ties with Israel.
- End the wars.
- Create jobs across the country planting food forests and community gardens.
- Get people onto solar and wind energy.
- Scrap the Patriot and the National Defense Authorisation Acts.
- End the revolving door of corporate involvement in politics.
- Remove the definition of a corporation as a person in law.
- Clean up all the rivers.
- End mountain top removal style coal mining.
- Make healthcare free.
- Make all education free or affordable to the poorest people.
- Cut all ties, military, intelligence, and financial with dictators worldwide.
- Reach out to Hugo Chavez' government in Venezuela.
- Reach out to the Palestinians, provide funds for infrastructure and end the siege on Gaza.
- Put George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, and Henry Kissinger on trial for war crimes.
That does it for day one. Day two, naturally, I'd be shot to pieces.
Are you a fan of The Bachelor NZ?Related story: (See story)