Devious millionaire lotto plan
I read a lot of articles on Stuff.co.nz where people are hard done by, need a hand etc, and I wish I could help most of them. But my very modest income cannot solve their problems. However, if I were to win big in lotto, I would definitely give back.
Apart from the obvious, buy a home, help out family, set my kids up for life, I would spend a lot of my time being devious and sneaky because I think that would be fun.
It would be a mix of the secret millionaire meets Seven Pounds - that Will Smith movie.
I would seek out families, people, organisations, businesses and see for myself what I could do for them. I would want to know if they deserved it and make sure it was going to change their lives/community for the better.
I'd also want to set something up, some sort of educational scheme for local kids. But I wouldn't just give money away because they can write a good proposal. Nope, I do not roll that way. I would make them work over their summer for it by going to rest homes, recycling stations and community gardens. A bit like a PhD I guess, but instead their efforts will pay for their university/polytechnic tuition for a year. There's nothing like that feeling of knowing you have earned your dollars (ironically).
Then because I am this type of person, I would also:
- Buy all the raffle tickets to a $40 meat pack raffle.
- Buy a cheap but nice car, and then ask all those who were interested to race down the main street on unicycles and the first one there would win it.
- Have a massive treasure hunt and post clues in the newspaper each week.
- Hire someone for the day to be my personal assistant, with a good pay check at the end and all we would do is get drunk.
- Grant someone's last wish.
- Go to gas station and everyone who was there I would fill up their cars.
- Walk down the street and give money out to everyone that smiled at me. That would be fun!
View all contributions
Have you tried online dating?Related story: (See story)