Help get NZ cooking: Creamy capsicum chicken
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Quick and easy|
|Cooking time||<30 min|
|Serves/makes||2 - 3|
Cooking is easy, and this recipe is a doddle.
Adjust the quantities to suit your own tastes and needs.
|2 - 3 Chicken Breasts|
|1 Onion, finely sliced|
|2 cloves Garlic, crushed|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
|1 - 2 large Red Capsicum, thinly sliced|
|1 - 2 pottles Sour Cream (light is fine)|
|1 teaspoon Chicken or Vegetable stock|
|1. Marinate the chicken breasts in a combination of white wine, garlic, soy sauce and a bit of honey. The marinating step is optional, but adds to the flavour.
2. Throw a finely sliced onion and plenty of crushed garlic into a frying pan and gently saute until soft. Then add salt and pepper, plus the red peppers.
3. Start grilling the chicken breasts.
4. Chuck in one or two pots of sour cream (light also fine) and a teaspoon of chicken or vegetable stock.
5. Gently simmer until the sauce is at the consistency you like.
6. When the chicken breasts are done, slice crosswise and serve one per plate, then just ladle the capsicum sauce over the chicken breasts.
Best served with mashed potatoes or pasta.
Help New Zealand get cooking is an ongoing Stuff Nation assignment. To contribute hit the green button
View all contributions
Should we change New Zealand's flag?Related story: (See story)