Pimped my ride: An addiction to four wheels
I first got in to the motoring scene at a young age watching and helping my father work on his old school Chevys and from there I knew I was going to be addicted.
The first car I picked up was a 1997 Subaru Legacy GTB in automatic. I fell in love with the car from day one and loved the fact that I had a couple of turbos to play with. Little did I know this was the start of an era.
I started simple with things like a stereo system and some wheels. Then it seemed to get more and more extreme, things like adjustable suspension, transmission change, engine conversion, stand alone ECU, dyno tuning and custom fabrication.
The car is currently running the following modifications and is far from the stock car I purchased five years ago:
Engine - version 7 STI engine conversion (90,000kms when installed):
- Before installation the engine was stripped, valves replaced, valve springs replaced, water pumps replaced and cambelt done.
- Pink 550cc stock injectors
- Link G4 Storm External ECU and custom loom
- Sym's Racing tune length headers, custom twisted
- Front mount intercooler and custom piping
- Steve Murch TD06 Turbo
- Alloy Pulley Kit
- HKS B.O.V
- Electric fans (wired to ECU)
- Custom twisted 3inch down pipe and full exhaust with 5inch tip (straight)
- Full alloy radiator
- 38mm wastegate
- Flipped intake manifold
- 500hp Fuel pump
- Solid possum bourne racing engine mounts
- Solid five puck race clutch and 2300LB pressure plate
- STI gearbox
- Oil catch can
- Blitz pod filter
- Strut brace
- Aftermarket seats and custom rails
- Sony head unit, amp, and speakers
- Turbo timer
- Lowered on Tein adjustable suspension
- 20mm wheel spacers
- 18x7.5inch wheels with new front tyres
The car made 293hp at four wheels running 14.6 PSI.
This puts the flywheel hp at 379hp (estimated).
In five years I have owned the vehicle I performed a series of expensive modifications and made it all my own.
The car is now for sale as I have moved on to a 2002 Nissan Fairlady 350Z!
View all contributions
Have you tried online dating?Related story: (See story)