Recipe competition: Mini Banoffee pies
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Sweet treat|
For our Christmas hamper competition, we want to see your favourite Christmas recipe.
|1 cup flour|
|1/2 cup icing sugar|
|1 can condensed milk|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|bar of dark chocolate|
1. Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until all combined into dough.
2. Place dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out. Cut circles out big enough to fit in mini muffin tins.
3. Place each round into the tray and prick the bottoms with a fork to stop the middles rising. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 180 degrees.
4. Bake cases for 10-15 minutes until just golden and allow to stand for five minutes before putting on a wire rack.
5. Put butter into a pot and melt over a low heat. Once melted add brown sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved.
6. Add condensed milk and keep stirring until mixture thickens and caramelises, do not let mixture boil.
7. Let mixture cool slightly then using two teaspoons put caramel into pastry cases, place cases in fridge for an hour to cool caramel completely.
8. Slice up the banana, whip the cream and make chocolate curls with a peeler.
9. Once pies have cooled place a slice of banana on top and pipe some whipped cream on top. Finish off with some chocolate curls.
View all contributions
Should SBW have been given an exemption?Related story: (See story)