ABs dream team: Time for young blood
Pick your All Blacks dream team
With the All Blacks season almost upon us, our readers give their picks for the line-up on the field.
1. Tony Woodcock: He's still the world's best scrummager.
2. Keven Mealamu: A great leader and he'll regain more confidence.
3. Owen Franks: He's grown so much in the the No 3 jersey and he's given us reasons to keep him there.
4. Luke Romano: He's wonderful at the lineouts and we can always rely on him to win the ball.
5. Sam Whitelock: A great player and great at the lineouts. NZ's hard man.
6. Liam Messam: He's a good leader and he's always around the ruck area, always looking for work and makes good decisions.
7. Sam Cane: An excellent player but people think too much of him as the next Mccaw which puts a lot on his shoulders.
8. Kieran Reid: He has stepped up as a leader and that's what NZ needs.
9. TJ Perenara: Should put him there now so he can get more comfortable in the black jersey.
10. Dan Carter: Irreplaceable.
11. Julian Savea: Big, hard and strong.
12. Ma'a Nonu: NZ's favourite number 12.
13. Conrad Smith: A great leader, great tackler, and great to team up with Ma'a.
14. Charles Pitau: Strong running, fast game and excellent kicking.
15. Israel Dagg: The best fullback out there.
16. Dane Coles: He has taken over Andrew Hore because he needs to be comfortable in that jersey.
17. Ben Franks: He can play both positions and has a wonderful work rate.
18. Brodie Retallic: He's a fast and powerful scrummager and he's not far behind Romano.
19. Steven Luatua: He's a great player, always around the ruck, he's got excellent determination, he makes good decisions and he adds a lot to the team.
20. Tawera Kerr Barlow: He knows how to control the game, can disrupt other team's halfbacks and get them back-pedalling. Aaron Smith only just missed out.
21. Aaron Cruden: He's impressed this year and deserves more game time internationally.
22. Francis Sai'ili: He can cover a few positions and has an excellent kicking game. He could be the next 12 or 13 in the next couple of years.
View all contributions
Owner orders dog to attack neighbour (graphic content)