ABs 2013 team: Choose the best
Pick your All Blacks dream team
Stuff Nation readers play All Black selectors as they pick their form 15 for the 2013 season. Vinny Reyland gives his line-up.
1. Owen Franks
2. Dane Coles - it seems to me that Andrew Hore and Kevin Mealamu are past their best.
3. Ben Afeaki
4. Brodie Retallick - our best lock.
5. Luke Romano - because Sam Whitelock's injured.
6. Liam Messam - he is still better than Steven Luatua but it will be interesting to see for how long.
7. Sam Cane - no Richie McCaw because he's been out for so long.
8. Kieran Reid
9. Piri Weepu - still our best halfback.
10. Dan Carter - the best!
11. Hosea Gear - has had a tough year with the Highlanders but still showing glimpses that he has the goods.
12. Tom Taylor - it's a big call but Ma'a Nonu is out of form and he dominated Francis Saili in Christchurch.
13. Rene Ranger - explosive and amazing, has been a joy to watch in the Super XV this year. He has added an extra dimension to his game, almost playing as an openside, and always in there revving up the boys.
14. Frank Halai - explosive and has shown ability with the Blues to cross the line.
15. Israel Dagg - a real toss up between Dagg and Charles Piutau. I would start Piutau in at least one match in this series, and bring him off the bench for the other two.
16. I would have liked to see another young hooker brought into the mix, James Parsons has been showing good form for the Blues but Hika Elliot seems hard done by.
17. Ben Franks - a good sub, can play loose or tight.
18. Dominic Bird - again, seeing as Sam Whitelock is injured.
19. Steven Luatua - will eventually surpass Messam and claim the All Blacks blindside, can also cover the locking stocks.
20. Aaron Smith - he was developed last year and was starting most of the year, needs an opportunity to recapture that form.
21. Ben Smith - a good versatility player, can cover most positions in the backline.
22. Charles Piutau - explosive and would be a great impact player to bring on in the final quarter.
View all contributions