How to make magic reindeer food
Show us your DIY Christmas decorations
For the last two years I've made my friends' kids "Reindeer Food" as a small and cheap Christmas gift.
I use the following:
- Clean baby food jars (with lids)
- Red spray paint (or Green)
- Jelly crystals - mixture of flavours / colours
- Rolled Oats
- Ribbon or pipe cleaners (Christmas colours)
1. Paint the lids of the jars, you can add glitter if you wish
2. Add a couple of teaspoons of rolled oats, followed by flour, jelly crystals, then repeat until you get to the top of the jar.
3. Screw the lid on.
4. Wrap a ribbon or pipe cleaner around the neck of the jar.
As an added step, one of my friends printed labels for me to stick on the jars which read:
"Magic Reindeer Food
Sprinkle on the lawn at night!
The moon will make it sparkle bright
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home.
Kids seem to love them!
View all contributions