Travel tips: Knowledge reigns
Travel tips: The best way to travel
When you arrive at your destination airport go directly to the departure lounge. Find a person who is leaving and ask them for some information.
The best people to ask are the dirty backpackers and sometimes it might be wise to buy them a coffee.
Here's what to ask them:
* Where are the best places to stay?
* Where are the best markets?
* What are the current scams?
* What is the cheapest way to travel from the airport?
* Any other info they may have.
Repeat the above at each guest house or hotel you stay at. People coming from the opposite direction always have the best info and recommendations.
Last and by no means least, always carry a toilet roll.
View all contributions