Ultimate BBQ recipe: Delicious prawns
Ultimate Kiwi BBQ recipes
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Barbecue|
|Cooking time||<30 min|
|Serves/makes||2 - 4|
Prawns are a delicious addition to any BBQ menu.
I purchase frozen Australian green prawns in the shell at Countdown and Woolworths. Tiger prawns are the best but others are ok.
1kg of frozen prawns
Two tablespoons of olive oil
|Four cloves of grated garlic|
Four large red chillies, grated
Grated lemon zest
1. Place frozen prawns into bowl.
2. Make the marinade using the olive oil, garlic, chillies and a little grated lemon zest.
3. Pour over prawns and toss.
4. Leave in fridge overnight to thaw and absorb flavours.
5. Place the prawns on hot BBQ grill or plate for just a minute either side, until bright red.
6. Serve with rice and shallots.
View all contributions