World XI: Bring the Johnson fear
Who'd make your cricket World XI?
We've asked our readers to make their picks for a test World XI. Sean Moran likes his team to bring a bit of fear.
1. David Warner: In amazing form at the top of the order against a lot of top bowlers in the world including Stuart Broad and Corey Anderson.
2. Graham Smith: Always a top performer, has the passion and determination to win.
3. Michael Clarke: Incredible with the bat and hard working. He performed well in the Ashes, even though his incident with the "broken ****ing arm". He led his side to a whitewash of the English team, who fell apart under the pressure.
4. Ross Taylor: In top form for New Zealand. Although being criticised for leaving Bangladesh early, he has worked hard and earns his spot.
5. Shivnarine Chanderpaul: Averaging 70 for the last seven or so years is one thing, but he's also always performing and digging a weak West Indies side out of trouble when the top order has failed.
6. George Bailey: Only just coming into the test team but his 28 off one over - do I have to mention it was Anderson? You can see his potential.
7. Matt Prior: Even though he was terrible with the gloves through the recent Ashes series, he did bat out a whole day against a top New Zealand attack and brought them home with Monty Panesar at the other end. He didn't celebrate his 100, his mind was focused on the job at hand.
8. Darren Sammy: In here for his all-rounder qualities, including his fielding. He takes amazing catches, critical wickets and can hit a ball to the rope.
9. Ravichandran Ashwin: I'm not much of a fan of spinners, but you always have to have one in there and he is one of the top in the world. It will be interesting to see how he goes over here next month.
10. Mitchell Johnson: What else can you say about this guy: he's fit, he is constantly at 150, and he scares the living daylights out of the other team. Someone's body that can take that sort of force to bowl 150 should always be considered.
11. Trent Bolt: Even though there are better bowlers out there, he is growing as a player. He has the goods to be the best.
View all contributions