World XI: The right men for the job
Pick your World XI for test cricketShare your stories, photos and videos.
Who'd make your cricket World XI?
Our readers have been sharing their picks for a World XI for tests. What do you think of Wayne Parker's line-up?
I have put a lot of thought into my World XI, which is not based solely on recent form or statistics.
I have picked players who I believe are the best in the world in these particular positions.
1. Hashim Amla (South Africa): Excellent batsman and a great addition to any team. Scores runs prolifically in the hardest position.
2. Alastair Cook (England): Best opening batsman in the world. Scoring 8000 runs as an opener is a great achievement
3. Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka): Superb batsman possibly Sri Lanka's greatest batsman.
4. Michael Clarke (Australia): Great batsman even though he polarises opinion.
5. Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka): Would make any team in the world for batting alone.
6. AB De Villiers (South Africa): Best wicketkeeper-batsman.
7. Ravichandran Ashwin (India): Best all-rounder in the world and in my opinion also world's best spin bowler.
8. Dale Steyn (South Africa): Strike bowler with the best attack in the world.
9. Vernon Philander (South Africa): Great line and length bowler.
10. Mitchell Johnson (Australia): My last choice paceman, gets wickets through sheer pace.
11. James Anderson (England): One of the greatest bowlers in the world.
Many other players could have made it in, but I believe that players like Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Faf Du Plessis and Joe Root are too inexperienced.
Other players like Graeme Smith, Kevin Pietersen, David Warner and Ross Taylor are just not as good as this line up.
View all contributions