Recipe competition: Christmas slice
Your best Christmas recipes
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Sweet treat|
|Cooking time||30 min - 1 hour|
For our Christmas hamper competition, we're looking for the best recipes for festive fare.
|350g dark chocolate (I use 250g Whittakers 62 per cent cocoa chocolate and 100g orange flavoured chocolate)|
|3 Tbs golden syrup|
|Packet of gingernuts|
|Packet of malt biscuits|
|Bag of minced fruit (approx 400g) (can add glace cherries, peel etc as well)|
|2 tsp cinnamon|
|For the icing:|
|125g dark chocolate|
|50g butter and once melted a good slosh of booze|
1. Marinate fruit in either brandy, rum or cointreau overnight.
2. Melt chocolate, butter and golden syrup.
3. Whiz gingernuts and malt biscuits into crumbs and add to boozed fruit.
4. Add cinnamon and the melted chocolate.
5. If still a bit dry, add more booze.
6. Place into a greaseproof paper lined tin and chill for about an hour.
7. Pour melted chocolate onto slice and chill for another hour before cutting into pieces.
View all contributions