Recipe competition: Fail-proof brownies
Your best Christmas recipes
This brownie recipe makes proper, gooey, American-style brownies.
NEED TO KNOW
|Type of dish||Sweet treat|
|Cooking time||30 min - 1 hour|
You can change up the chocolate to make different flavoured brownies.
I typically use Whittaker's Dark Ghana chocolate for a rich, dark chocolate flavour, but have also mixed dark and white chocolate for a marble effect, and peanut butter chocolate for peanut brownies.
|6 large eggs|
|1 tablespoon vanilla essence|
|500g caster sugar|
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line brownie pan.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together in a pan.
3. In another bowl beat the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla.
4. Measure flour and salt into another bowl.
5. When the chocolate mixture has melted, let it cool for a bit before beating in the eggs and sugar, then nuts, then flour. Beat to combine smoothly and then scrape out of saucepan and into lined pan.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes (I leave in longer). When ready the top should be dried to a paler brown speckle, but the middle still dark, dense and gooey. Makes about 48
View all contributions