Hand caught in machine

Last updated 08:14 28/07/2012

Relevant offers

A woman worker at a Hawera recycling station needed hospital treatment after her hand was caught in machinery yesterday.

St John Ambulance and Hawera Volunteer Fire Brigade were called to Egmont Refuse & Recycling on Scott St at 8.45am.

Chief fire officer Darryl Fowler said the 23-year-old woman's hand was stuck in a baler- recycling machine and the fire crew freed her. St John operations manager Ian May said she had a moderate hand injury.

Ad Feedback

- Taranaki Daily News

Special offers
Opinion poll

Should there be a door charge for the Len Lye Centre?

Yes, people should have to pay.

No, it should be free for all.

Locals should get in for free, others should pay.

Not if they lose funding because of it.

Vote Result

Related story: Admission fee for Lye centre is 'tricky'

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Family Notices
Small-celebrations-TDN

Celebrations

View marriage and birth notices from around the region

Small-Deaths-TDN

Death Notices

View obituaries from around the region