New Plymouth firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a Merrilands house this morning.
Three engines attended the fire at the Ambury Plc house about 7.50am.
Senior station officer Hamish Smith said the fire had been contained to the kitchen but the whole house suffered smoke damage.
It appeared the fire had started near a dishwasher but a fire safety officer was working to establish the cause.
- Taranaki Daily News
Will Aaron Cruden's omission hurt or help the All Blacks?Related story: Senior All Blacks 'pretty disappointed' in Cruden