Smoke empties stores

Last updated 08:36 25/08/2012

Relevant offers

Centre City shopping centre in New Plymouth was evacuated yesterday after smoke filled the Gold Coin store.

Centre manager Ernie Heath said the New Plymouth fire brigade attended and found an air conditioning unit had sucked smoke from a microwave in a staffroom into the store. The shopping centre was evacuated as a precaution, he said.

Ad Feedback

- Taranaki Daily News

Special offers
Opinion poll

Is high tea at a funeral parlour your cup of tea?

Yes, it's fun and even educational.

Hmmm, I don't object but it's not for me.

No, it's macabre and in bad taste.

Over my dead body ...

Vote Result

Related story: High tea... in a funeral parlour

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content

Follow the Taranaki Daily News on Twitter

Get Taranaki's frequent news and sport updates

TDN North Taranaki Midweek

The North Taranaki Midweek's online

Get your mid week news fix

TDN South Taranaki Star

South Taranaki Star online

Get your South Taranaki news online